Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A cool July in Dortmund

The weather is just fine for me in Dortmund. It seems to be raining a little just about every day. The sun comes out only a few minutes for it is cloudy most of the time. Anina is cold most of the time and wears a coat when she goes out. I wonder what she will be doing when it really gets cold. Everything is very lush and green everywhere. At this time of the year there are a lot of fruit and berries that are available and we sure enjoy them.

Last week I was asked to give the High Priest Group Lesson this Sunday and I accepted because I thought that it would be easy with only 4 or 5 in the class. Well, it was a shock in Priesthood on Sunday to hear the Bishop say that the Elder's Quorum instructor did not show and that we would all meet together with the High Priests. The group leader then said "I don't have anything else to say and we will turn the time over to Elder Diederich for the lesson." I responded by saying "I have a lesson for 5 of the High Priests only." After they stopped laughing the Bishop said "That's ok, all the others will just sit here and listen." I made it through the lesson with the help of some in the audience who helped me find some of the words and expressions that I could not draw from my mind. It all seems to work out.

No comments: